Should I Always Give out Business Cards?
Posted on 10th February 2020 at 09:42
Let's start with a simple, yet undeniable truth; in the 21st century our world is more digitalised than ever. Perception against truth is that paper is out, screen is in. So consequently you may find yourself asking "Do I need a traditional paper based business card?" with a staggering 88% of business cards thrown away you may find yourself asking if they are still relevant. But the answer is yes, even in today's world most businesses still use business cards and there's good reason for it too.
1) Ease of giving details: It takes a matter of seconds to hand over a business card, to hand over your company's contact details. All Android or Apple phones can send information, but then there’s the issue of compatibility, then finding the app and hoping everyone is as fluent as you with technology, so because of this business cards are still relevant.
2) Personal touch: When you exchange cards it's more than just handing over a card. There is usually a handshake and a greeting involved. This gives a personal touch that you can't get from the digital world. Which leads us to reason 3...
3) Builds trust: When you hand over a business card in person it gives a personal touch, there's usually eye contact involved, you can see their facial reaction to seeing your brand and this helps build confidence and trust and trust is imperative in competitive markets. If you don't trust a business you will not buy from them. Trust can make or break a purchase decision.
4) Referrals: In the world of B2B many business owners may get contacted by someone who they may actually be unable to assist, however, you might the right person for the job. Connecting via LinkedIn is advisable but sometimes a name can’t leave the same footprint that seeing and imagining a brand can, and that comes from a business card. By not networking and handing out business cards, you're missing out on this vital opportunity.
There are other reasons too as to why they are still useful in today's digitalised world. But to sum up we’ve listed just a few interesting facts and statistics below.
3) 72% of people will judge you and your business on the quality of the card - the design, the material, the information provided on the card. This is why it is useful to get a professional business to print your cards rather than you designing and printing yourself.
Okay, so you've decided to go ahead and get yourself some business cards, this brings us to the next question; do you design and print yourself or work with a professional printing company to get your perfect business card? Most would think it would work out cheaper to design and print them yourself, this isn't necessarily true.
If you're not creative minded you may find yourself wasting valuable time staring at a screen. If you use low quality stock to print on, or use a cheap low quality printer this can drastically affect the final product. As mentioned earlier, 72% of people will judge you on your cards design and material so it is imperative to get them right.
So rather than spending hours on something that costs less then you charge or time away from generating those all-important leads, let us help you build trust and brand image and increase your bottom line.
At The City Press Leeds Ltd we pride ourselves on being able to offer excellent service from the smallest up to the largest UK business or organisation. We believe that we provide amongst the best prices in the UK that offer design, print and free UK delivery, coupled with a rapid turnaround - all for one price. To find out more about what we can do for you call us on 0113 278 4286 or send us an email to speak to one of our team.
Share this post: